Saturday, January 9, 2010

Well, after fighting with it ALL day DH and I, ok more DH, finally figured out why the camera and computer have not been talking and I got the pictures off the camera! Which made me really happy since there were pictures on there from the last time my sailor was home, which was 4th of July. Yes it's been that long since the camera and computer where talking. Well, with moving and all part of it was not locating the camera!

Here is the photo I took of what JulieK sent.


I can't wait to get started on some of these string quilts.

And here's my sailor:




That was at the airport as we had to say goodbye.

Ok, back to the quilting room! Before I can actually get anything done I have to get it organized. I want to have something to show for Judy L.'s Design wall Monday so I have to get busy.

Happy Quilting!

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Bonnie! I have just read through your blog posts and laughed all the way through. I am also fairly new to the blogging world and can't seem to figure out how to add links or get things on my blog to go where I want them. And then I look at others' blogs and they all look so nice and are filled with great info and pic's and how to's, I feel so small!!! LOL!!
    I too, am going to work on the string thing challenge and hope to post photos as I go. Also I am going to make some quilts for Project Linus and Operation: Quiet Comfort. As you have a sailor in the family, you might check them out. I have a soldier, stationed at Ft Hood and getting ready to deploy in March.
    Happy Quiting and Blogging....
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad was a sailor. I have pictures of him with my mom when they were about that age. And here I am!

    Good luck with the new blog- and with that string quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate technical difficulties...solving the issues does not come easy to me at all!

    I hope you get to see your sailor soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, he looks like a baby to me...I'll bet he does to you, too.

    But, he makes a HANDSOME sailor. Thank him and thank you for the sacrifice of serving our great country!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a handsome young man!! I am glad the strings made it there...enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete