Friday, April 19, 2013

UFO parade

I'm slowely taking pictures of my UFO parade. I'm not always good about taking pictures, but the more I do, the more I think they help me see the big picture of my quilts.

This is my blue and yellow Pineapple Blossom, from Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville site. I'm not wild about it - I think it's my piecing skills that are making me not love it. I love the pattern, and I have two more that I'd like to make but I think I need more practice first. :) I've seen a black and white with an aqua/teal background on Pinterest that my DD would LOVE and my mom would love a purple and blue one.



I've only completed 3 blocks and a 4th is almost done. I may turn this one into a table topper because I'm anxious to work on something else, and the blocks are coming out unintentionally 'wonky'.

At the risk of being an obnoxious Grandma, here is my newest photo of our princess. My FIL is holding her. He is 85 years young today!


Happy quilting people!
Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. LOL, you can't be an obnoxious grandma. Everyone does it; therefore, it isn't obnoxious! What a precious picture that is. I do like the yellow and blue colors together, and it would make a cheerful table topper. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a pretty pattern, and it looks beautiful in your blues and yellows. I agree with desertskyquilts that it would make a cheerful table topper. Sweet photo of the baby and her great-grandfather.

    ReplyDelete